Out on a Limb

At the low end of the learning curve.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Asburypark, New Jersey, United States

I am an unwilling nomadic soul looking for a place to put down permanent roots. I have lived in all but 9 states (soon to be 10) as well as 4 Canadian provinces. I have learned more than I ever wanted to know by these means. All things considered, this should be an interesting space, put together by a person known for staying quiet while others take center stage. I think my turn has come to toss out gems that have been residing within for more years than I care to admit to. So who am I? I've been asking this same question for most of my life, so having a ready answer for you does not seem likely. Maybe in this journal, we can discover this together. About my habitation on the planet; for now I will say I am a female, a mother, a wife, a nomad, an artisan, an idealist, a keeper of secrets, a caring soul of the state of all things natural & most of my life, supportive & non-judgemental. And a very loyal friend to all. I feel very strongly about people in my life knowing that if they ask my advice or my opinion, they will get it. I believe that if a person wants to hear answers that suit them every time, then they should record those answers for themselves and play them back.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

So this is blogging...


Now wouldn't it all be nice if I actually had the time to be doing this? The glaring gaps between entries is almost embarrassing. But there you have it! This is the problem with having to pack up house & home every three years or so & cart everything off to a new locale. Well, I am undaunted. I will keep pecking away at the keyboard & try to create something...even if it's just to say "I have a blog."

So, to jot thoughts about this move; I have been informed by the estimators that I now have 27,000 pounds of belongings. It's funny when you look at your home...your tables & chairs, lamps & bric-a-brac...you don't think about it in pounds. "Oh darn, that 26lbs is really dusty!" "Gasp! I just broke grannies best 13 ounce teacup!" But that's the way they do it. We're not moving my pretties...no no; we're moving sizes & weights. And paying them gobs of money to do this. Even though they won't take paint, or aerosols, or nail polishes or any sort of room freshener. Nor will they take your vehicle, or your plants or your pets. This is your responsibility. You get yourself a trailer & you haul that stuff yourself, Bubba. And get a car carrier to take your second vehicle. Someone needs to remind me why we're paying the movers. I wanna know who wrote these rules. I know I wouldn't have signed on if I'd gotten a glimpse inside that rule book!

Aah well; such is the life of a nomad & not a very upbeat addition to my journal. The positive thing about this one is that the next one has to be better...doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home